Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Would Mother Nature buy an iPad?

Before my interest in instructional technology- or any technology really- I was interested in the health and well-being of the Environment.  I started rock climbing in 1995, and have since spent a lot of time"in the woods"; canoeing, hiking, and mountain biking, appreciating the importance of wild, natural places. These bio-zones are important for many reasons, one being their restorative power. As a consequence of my experiences I appreciate the great importance of recycling, and being conservative with electricity and water. These simple issues cannot be overstated or overlooked. Now that I'm studying IT I feel like I have to be even more on guard when it comes to e-waste and all things related.  



When I do searches on "Green Instructional Technology", I get ZERO hits. Please, check out             GREEN COMPUTING       


How do we, as an Insructional Tech community address the environmental-end of instructional  technology?   The answer is-  with Great awareness, sensitivity, patience, and honesty.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.via.com.tw/en/initiatives/greencomputing/
    thanks for the link, Andrew Bobal.

    ReplyDelete